Saturday, September 18, 2010

Tre[m]ble Clef

Please stop singing.
You don’t even realize it don’t you?     n
     That your insipid laugh ring like   k    i
                                                       v
                                                   e
                                                         s
       flat and sharp
                       t r i l l i n g
shouting
     forte
                forte
                            forte!
and breaks in infuriating 
                sta [.] cat [.] to [.]
                               When you talk it’s worse.
      The ground shakes,
The skies darken
               at the sound of your voice.
Then you sound off in broken record manner in sudden elegy 
     I promise
        I promise
             I promise
And back to your honeyed vivace
        of I’s and watered gardens.
I’d rather be swallowed up in silence than be in the surround sound of your noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment